Employment Opportunity – Area Sales Manager – South East England & M4 Corridor Region (Civils Division), UK
JFC, one of the largest twin wall pipe manufacturers in the UK, is recruiting an Area Sales Manager to cover the South East of England and M4 Corridor Region.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Civils Division, UK, the successful candidate will join the JFC Sales & Marketing team. S/he will be responsible for meeting agreed sales targets and increasing the awareness of the JFC brand. The role will involve extensive travel therefore the base location is flexible.
As our Area Sales Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop solid working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Key Account Management. Experience selling to central buyers at head-office level.
- Increase the awareness of and aspiration for JFC Branded Civils products.
- Effectively communicate market findings and customer insights to management.
- Achieve sales budgets
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new trade partners.
- Report sales progress via weekly/monthly sales meetings and daily conference calls.
- Utilise CRM software for the collaboration of daily activities, market and customer information.
- Support sales forecasting and budgeting in line with the business needs.
- Create effective written proposals and tender documents.
- Travel extensively within the sales territories and attend networking events / trade exhibitions / open days where applicable.
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns to support brand development.
- Accurately complete and submit expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide product training/demonstration.
- Present on behalf of the company/brand at media and press events.
- Project manage large order values over extensive periods of time
As our Area Sales Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Minimum 3 years’ field sales experience selling civils products to trade customers – previous rail experience highly advantageous
- A proven history of working to and achieving sales budgets/targets is a prerequisite.
- A strong working knowledge of the civils (trade and contractors) / building/construction industry is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or other relevant discipline is preferable [but not essential]
- Fluency in English and a full, clean driving licence is a prerequisite.
- Advanced negotiation and selling skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Well-developed IT and administration skills.
- Time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Highly organised, detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task.
Normal office conditions, travel/visits to other JFC sites may be required. Attendance at exhibits and/or events may also be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com for the attention of Gail Quinn, HR Manager.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the Community